A bong is a device that is used to smoke herbs or tobacco by filtering the smoke through water. Bongs can be made from various materials, such as glass, metal, plastic, or even fruit. However, buying a bong can be expensive and sometimes you may not have access to one. Fortunately, you can make your own bong at home using some cheap, basic supplies. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a bong from a plastic bottle, a pumpkin, and a pen.
How to Make a Plastic Bottle Bong
A plastic bottle bong is one of the easiest and most common DIY bongs. You will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size
- A pen with a metal tip
- Some aluminum foil
- A needle or a pin
- Some duct tape
- Some water
- Some herb or tobacco
Here are the steps to make a plastic bottle bong:
- Fill up the plastic bottle about a quarter of the way with water. This will be the base of your bong.
- Remove the lid from the bottle and set it aside. You will not need it.
- Take the pen apart and keep only the metal tip and the hollow tube. Discard the rest of the pen.
- Cover the metal tip of the pen with a small piece of aluminum foil and press it down to form a bowl. Poke some holes in the foil with the needle or pin. This will be where you put your herb or tobacco.
- Punch a hole in the side of the bottle, just above the water level, with the needle or pin. Make the hole big enough to fit the pen tube through it.
- Insert the pen tube into the hole at an angle so that the bowl is facing upwards and the tip is submerged in the water. Use some duct tape to seal any gaps around the hole.
- Pack some herb or tobacco into the bowl and light it up. Place your mouth over the opening of the bottle and inhale. As you do so, you will see bubbles forming in the water as the smoke passes through it.
- To clear the smoke from the bottle, uncover the hole on the side of the bottle with your finger and inhale again.
How to Make a Pumpkin Bong
A pumpkin bong is a fun and festive way to enjoy your herb or tobacco during Halloween season. You will need the following items:
- A medium-sized pumpkin
- A carving knife
- A spoon
- A drill or a screwdriver
- A downstem and a bowl (you can use the ones from an old bong or buy them online)
- Some water
- Some herb or tobacco
Here are the steps to make a pumpkin bong:
- Cut out the stem of your pumpkin with your carving knife. Use it as a handle to pull out this top piece and scrape off any seeds attached to it. Set it aside so you can use it later as a lid.
- Scoop out all the seeds and pulp from inside your pumpkin with your spoon. You want to hollow out your pumpkin as much as possible.
- Drill or poke a hole on one side of your pumpkin, near the bottom, with your drill or screwdriver. Make sure that this hole is slightly smaller than your downstem so that it fits snugly.
- Insert your downstem into this hole and push it in until about an inch of it is inside your pumpkin. Use some duct tape to seal any gaps around this hole.
- Attach your bowl to your downstem and pack some herb or tobacco into it.
- Fill up your pumpkin with water until it covers about half of your downstem.
- Place your mouth over the opening where you cut out the stem and light up your bowl. Inhale slowly and enjoy your pumpkin bong.
- To clear the smoke from your pumpkin, lift up the stem piece slightly and inhale again.
Tips and Warnings
– Always use clean water for your bong to avoid any bacteria or mold growth.
– Change your water after every session or at least once a day to keep your bong fresh and smooth.
– Clean your bong regularly with some rubbing alcohol and salt to remove any residue or buildup.
– Be careful when using sharp tools or fire to make your bong. Wear gloves and goggles if necessary and work in a well-ventilated area.
– Do not use any plastic or metal that may melt or release toxic fumes when heated. Avoid using plastic bottles that have been exposed to sunlight or heat for a long time.
– Do not use any aluminum foil that has been colored or coated with anything. Use only plain, thick, or heavy-duty aluminum foil.
– Do not inhale too hard or fast when using your bong. You may end up sucking water or ash into your mouth or lungs, which can be unpleasant and harmful.
– Do not share your bong with anyone who is sick or has a contagious disease. You may risk getting infected or spreading germs.
– Do not use your bong for anything other than smoking herb or tobacco. Do not use it for illegal substances or anything that may harm you or others.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to make a bong. Have fun and stay safe!